Friday, September 26, 2014

Book(s) Of the Week: "Monster Madness"

Because, as I'm sure you're all aware, I am a highly intellectual being...I decided the perfect book to feature this week just in time for the approaching Halloween season had to be 'Monster Madness', a grizzly grimoire of garish gags. Alliteration aside, it's a collection of cute (and often very cheesy) monster jokes, riddles, and tongue twisters.





As a theatre graduate, the tongue twisters were easily mastered, but I still can't withhold the immense groans most of these gems produce, jokes such as 'What steps do you take when you're chased by a giant? Giant Steps.' Not to mention, 'What do ghouls wear on their feet in the rain? Ghoul-ashes!'...and that's why I think this is the perfect little collection to feature this week for children and parents alike. If you can't drive the trick-or-treaters away with the promise of treats...you might as well trick them into listening to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment