Thursday, October 17, 2019

Vintage Magazine: Famous Monsters of Filmland, Vol. 1, No. 1 (Pg. 31 - 49)

Some like to say the printed word is dying (which I disagree with) and others say that magazines will be a thing of the past in the future. Honestly, that one's harder to argue against. Just a couple of weeks ago I saw a three-pack at the store of Halloween-themed magazines I won't name. I was so excited to get a bunch of fun recipes and pictures and craft ideas, but in actuality all I found were a bunch of ads for junk I'd never buy. That's all magazines are now unless you're paying premium prices. Look back to older publications like this, though, and the ads are few/far-between, and they certainly don't dominate the whole thing. Ah well, rant over. Enjoy these awesome stills, pranks, and fun articles. Bonus points to the awesome 'Mad Magician' page about Vincent Price and his many colorful deaths.



















No comments:

Post a Comment