Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Scream Queens and Glamorous Ghouls

Recently I made a picture post devoted to the male horror greats in their youth, who made the silver screen come alive (ironically). Now I've decided to give you guys a bit of a treat, for the women onscreen who, whether evil or innocent, still stand today as creepy icons.





Simone Simon

Perhaps not so famous to most of us, she was incredibly gorgeous, and especially in Catpeople, which is what makes her an icon, in my mind.






Ingrid Pitt

Ingrid was one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen onscreen. With one look, she could probably seduce every man on-set in her prime. This helped her incredibly deadly characters, and was only emphasized by the grace she seemed to exude with every movement or word. If it's not apparent, she's one of my favorites.




Vampira (Maila Nurmi)

I don't think I need to explain why this lady is an icon.




Vera Miles

Psycho. Nuff said.




Jamie Lee Curtis

Honestly, I can only ever picture one woman when it comes to slasher chicks. She's the top girl in these movies, even after all the different movies that have come out. Though Jamie is defined by more than just her famous horror role, Micheal would be nothing without her.





Elvira (Cassandra Peterson)


She's the mistress of the dark. I really don't need to add anything else.





There are so very many actresses out there who've made their splashes on the big and little screen in very scary ways, but not nearly enough time in the world to cram them into one entry. In the future, I hope to mention a few more, but hopefully this will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment