Monday, October 19, 2020

Vintage Comics: "Beware! Terror Tales!" Issue 6; Horror at the Lighthouse, The Tattooed Heart (Cover - Pg. 15)

 Because I'd been so underwhelmed by the last series, I decided to dig up something a little more substantial this week, 'Beware! Terror Tales!'. There is no doubt in my mind that this comic is not telling me to just realize that I might have an uncomfortable dream tonight. I'm in for (and obviously you, readers are also) TERROR! The first story includes a lighthouse and a creepy old dude, but unlike 'The Lighthouse', it's a lot less gross. Fantastically dark with some equally wonderful art (despite the grain and age of the issue), this one is the exact opposite sort of story from the last comic. In fact, maybe it's a little too dark. The second story, reminiscent of an old Twilight Zone episode seemed even darker. A grim reminder that your tattoo will outlive you, so be careful where you put it. Also, don't be a Nazi. That should probably be the first point, actually.



















No comments:

Post a Comment