Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Horror Flick of the Week: The Final Girls (2015)

I have a confession. I'm a movie snob. I've got a strict 'no insult/putdown' rule on this blog for movies, because no matter how bad the picture, a film always has a lot of work put into it, and there's going to be an audience for just about everything. Still, I am a movie snob. It's tough for me to put on a lot of new things, because I have this desperate fear I'll waste ten or more minutes of my life on a film I may hate. Even after hearing rave reviews about this one, listening to an interview with the director, and adoring the description...the poster had me convinced I just wouldn't like it...



This movie, my friends, is why I have to remind myself NOT to judge anything by its cover. I loved it. Every shot, every second, every line. As a not-so-subtle tribute to everything camp slasher (literal summer camp slasher), and a clear nod to the Friday the 13th series, it was perfect. Do yourself a favor this week, and if not now, then definitely on this Friday the 13th...watch some F13...and then pop in The Final Girls. You will love it.

On another note, best striptease scene ever. EVER. Yes, my friends, even Dusk Till Dawn.


No comments:

Post a Comment