Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Horror Flick of the Week: Near Dark (1987)

If I said Bill Paxton's passing this year didn't affect me, I'd be lying. He was always one of my favorite character actors. In honor of Bill, and because this really is one of the best vampire films out there, Near Dark is getting a special mention this week. As tempted as I am to gush about the bar scene, post it, and dissect how awesome it is, you'll have to experience it for yourself. Also, yes, this isn't the American release poster, but it's too awesome not to feature.



It's not just Bill who gives an awesome performance in this. Everyone does. Lance Henriksen, of course, plays an excellent villain. Don't let the re-release of the film fool you if you haven't seen it before, there is nothing even remotely 'Twilight-esque' about Near Dark. It's gritty, dark, and pretty much as close to a modern western as you can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment