Monday, October 15, 2018

Book of the Week: Vintage Halloween Collectibles – 3rd ed., by Mark B. Ledenbach

I'm not sure if I've told you guys this yet, but I'm going to grad school for Library Science right now. Terribly relevant? Not really. Still, had a major assignment over the summer that required an interview and a tour at a local library. Not going to name the location, because I don't think that'd be fair to them - - but their nonfiction section was lacking. Terribly. Most of it was gardening books, I'm not going to lie. That wasn't the point of my visit anyway, but I just can't resist digging for some good horror-related books when I'm at any store or library. That's how I found this hidden gem near the end of the aisle, sandwiched between a couple of books on furniture shopping. Vintage Halloween Collectibles -- 3rd ed., by Mark B. Ledenbach.


The pictures of old Halloween cards, toys, decorations and the like inside this book are an absolute delight. It's the cutest little collection of eclectic demons and ghosts from yester-year I would gladly fill my apartment with if I had the money to go wild, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the decor Hobby Lobby has been stocking for the last 2-3 years (looking at you black cats in clown costumes), were heavily inspired by this book. So, for those of you looking to do some creative decorating or who just want to look at some cool pictures, this book is a must-read.

1 comment: