Monday, October 10, 2016

Selections from Calling all Girls Magazine, Issue #64

Today I'm going to do something kid-friendly. I was digging through old magazines and comics online while I finished polishing up the last few pages of the remainder of Man in Black I'll be posting, when I stumbled on 'Calling all Girls', a magazine for young girls back in the late 50s and early 60s with a delightful style I couldn't help but be charmed by. There's definitely something enchanting about an old magazine with more hand-drawn pictures than actual photographs.

There's also something equally enchanting about the idea of having your kid actually organize their own Halloween party and put everything together, though I don't doubt you'll still have a little hand in helping them along the way. It's very self-sufficient, isn't it? And the ideas in the first article I selected to show off are absolutely adorable, though I would say be careful about how old your kid is before you let them bob for balloons...just in case they weren't aware that you probably shouldn't swallow the rubber bits.

I also picked out a spooky story in the magazine, though there was another mystery I had considered. This one had a spooky cabin, though, so I went with it. Can you imagine, though, if teenagers in modern horror were as resourceful as these two girls? I think the body counts would be pretty much 0. Warning, there may be some animal casualties in this story, read at your own risk.




















No comments:

Post a Comment