Thursday, October 27, 2016

Vintage Comics - Skeleton Hand, Issue 1 : Sea of Retribution, Chill Chatter, Death For Hire, Monster of the Deep, The Corpse Under the Carpet (Pg. 12 - end)

This time around, I decided to celebrate the season you guys deserved a larger portion of the comic at once, so here's the rest of the first issue of Skeleton Hand. There's nothing better than a story about a man getting his just desserts, which is altogether my favorite sort of horror. Well, that and the kind that has you really cheering for the innocent victims to get out of whatever grisly mess they've ended up in. The first story also happens to be educational as well. I had no idea John Paul Jones founded the American navy! Actually, that's simplifying what he did, but this isn't a history lesson, it's a pre-code comic, so give me a break.

Chill Chatter is an editors' note, but I thought it was charming enough to be included. Honestly though, some of these stories in this issue are actually a little more gruesome than most of the fare I've shared with you guys, and despite the condition, this one quickly became one of my favorites, too. Plus, a zombie named 'Cracker'?! Who can resist a story like that?

The last two one-off stories are...actually a little funnier than you'd expect, and I think only one of them may have been on purpose.





















No comments:

Post a Comment