Thursday, October 13, 2016

Vintage Comics: Man in Black, Issue No. 1: The Fly in the Ointment, Trouble in the Night, Going Back, The Weaver (14-end)

Finally a story set in a fantastical time period. I've always been fascinated by the glitzy-glam of 40s-50s Hollywood interpretations of various ancient worlds, garishly inaccurate sequins and all. But what's this Arabian Nights sort of story doing in a horror comic? Ah well, I think we've all figured out they painted with broad brushes back then. It's probably my favorite in the issue, and the theatrical dialog manages not to drag the story down...though I think the setting choice helped with that. The remaining stories are charming in their own way, but 'The Fly in the Ointment' is officially one of my favorites...













No comments:

Post a Comment