Monday, August 25, 2014

Book(s) Of the Week: "In The Haunted House"

Our recent podcast episode brought to mind a few children's books I'd like to recommend. Not suggestions for the adult audience, of course, but perhaps for parents. I was recently at a teacher's store with my mom helping her shop for supplies, and I spotted this little gem on the shelf. Needless to say I couldn't help myself. I had to read it...


Written in rhyme, as I find a lot of holiday books tend to be, each page has a cute illustration, most of them with flaps to open up. Not strictly a pop-up book, because there are no tabs to pull, but the illustrations rather reminded me of a less dark Edward Gorey.

I wish I could share some of the pictures inside, but it's a very short book, and much nicer to see them on the page anyway. This is a perfect way to start October off this year for the little ones. I'd even say it's easily a classic, based on the art alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment