Thursday, August 13, 2015

Horror flick of the Week: Madhouse (1974)



Some time ago, Madhouse was briefly referenced in a Netflix instant watch list. So now I suppose it's time to tell you guys my verdict: I absolutely love this movie. As a die-hard Vincent Price fan, how could I not? Its an extremely campy film made during his later period, and pretty much gives Price constant screen-time.

I'm recommending this one, because it's not one of his more commonly-watched movies. In fact, it had taken me ages just to discover Madhouse. Probably because it doesn't really stand on it's own, but because of Price's history. A tongue-in-cheek kind of horror film that references several of Prices older and (at the time) even more recent works. Madhouse is a great movie to finish up a Vincent binge, but it's also a great movie to start it with if you're already familiar with him. If you've been avoiding Madhouse based on the cover, or perhaps simply because you haven't heard of it, I urge to watch this one as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment