Monday, October 28, 2019

Horror Flick of the Week: Snow White (1987)



Before I saw Sarah Patterson in the brilliantly lush 'Company of Wolves', which will always be one of the most fantastic dark fairytale films, Snow White gave me nightmares. No, not the Disney one (though you can't tell me it's not seriously disturbing when she's stumbling through those woods), but a lesser known 1980s version that also happens to feature Sarah. I'm not going to say it's a big budget masterpiece, because it's not, but it's good. Even more surprising, it comes from Cannon pictures. You see, they had this series of kids films called 'Cannon Movie Tales' that I'm not ashamed to say I've devoured, despite the fact that one or two of them are painfully awkward and over the top. Snow White, however, is the best of the bunch.


But why am I featuring this in a horror blog? Because there is no mask or mirror that has ever been more traumatizing, and for that scene alone you absolutely need to see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment