Monday, October 7, 2024

Horror Flick of the Week: Vicious Fun (2020)

 


I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that convincing me to try newer films sometimes can be a bit of a chore. I like older movies more, oftentimes, because I don't like to take risks. I don't like to invest 90 minutes or more of my time in a movie I think might potentially disappoint me. I think I'm mature enough to own up to that now. However, recently I really have been trying to approach newer films more openly. I'm not saying I never watched or was willing to watch a new horror film, it was just never at the top of my list.

Vicious Fun was a movie I threw on when trying to browse for a movie on Shudder that myself and others in the room could at least potentially enjoy together. The plot seemed interesting enough. A magazine horror writer accidentally stumbles into a serial killer self-help group? I mean that could be good. Or bad. It's at least original...

It was fantastic. Beginning to end. I loved everyone in this movie, and what's more, I didn't even realize Julian Richings was part of the cast! Every single one of the killers and heroes in this movie chews the scenery until it's raw around the edges, and I finished this flick hoping for a sequel almost immediately. If you get the chance, do not pass on Vicious Fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment