Friday, October 16, 2020

Vintage Comics: Do You Believe in Nightmares #1, 'The Champ', 'You Can Make Me Fly', 'The Man Who Crashed Into Another Era', 'I Am Being Followed' (Pg. 20 - End)

 Wrapping up this issue, I'm trying my best to be as positive as I can about these stories, but I just feel like the writers are teasing me here. The Champ did not have the ending I'd have preferred, as I'm always going to lean towards the darker option when it's available. Ghost fake-outs are just the worst. Incidentally the inventor's flying machine - - I won't comment on what that looks like, but I refuse to believe the artist didn't know exactly what he was doing. The third story would likely have me taking this comic to a trash can if it were newer (not vintage) and not digital. Another fake-out! Ah well. At least the comic title is somewhat accurate. They're all nightmares. The final story wraps it all up with a big 'meh'.

















No comments:

Post a Comment