Sunday, October 4, 2015

Pumpkin Patterns (Somewhat Advanced)

So, this year I decided to make something of my own. Sort of. I always see so many cool pumpkin carvings around Halloween, I thought perhaps I'd post a few kiddy pictures again to guide you on how to shape the perfect triangular bat or even a creepy pumpkin within a pumpkin...but then I remembered I've got Photoshop, and heck...plenty of adults like to carve too! These patterns are modified stills from various films, many of them featuring my favorite horror greats. For those of you who may have no idea how to proceed with your carving based off of these pictures, I tried my best to make them as simple as possible. The darker, the less you carve. So when you put a candle inside, the white parts should be better illuminated, making a great depth and shadow effect.

If your pumpkin turns out successfully spooky, please post pictures in the comments or send me an email. Heck, even if it doesn't, I'd love to see what you guys come up with!










No comments:

Post a Comment