Monday, October 19, 2015

Spooky Story Cards

Jazlaan (whom some of you may remember as one of my regular podcast guest hosts) and I used to draw a lot of comics together back in high school. Before he moved back to Japan this year, we even came up with a new writing exercise game for 24-hour comics, which are essentially entire comic stories written and drawn in the course of one day. With a bit of tweaking, I decided the same game could be used wonderfully for anyone looking to have a scary story night this October.

Rules:
Each person draws 2 cards from each pile (Nouns, Settings, Motivations). They discard 3 cards of their choosing, and use the remaining cards in their hand to make their story. You can of course come up with whatever you like, but I've also taken the liberty of drawing up these quick cards for you to print out. Please enjoy, and let me know just how spooky your scary storytelling turns out. I've included a blank slate if you'd like to use the same pattern for your own ideas.


Motivations


Nouns


Settings


Slate


No comments:

Post a Comment